Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cerebral edema in neonates

Cerebral edema remains one of the commonest problems encountered whilst doing sonographic imaging of the neonatal brain. It has been graded into mild, moderate and severe depending on the degree of effacement or compression of the ventricular system- the lateral and 3rd veintricles mainly, and also loss of the sulcal pattern of the baby's brain.
These ultrasound images of severe cerebral edema show the typical appearance with the lateral and 3rd ventricles virtually compressed out of visibility by the edematous neonatal cerebral tissue (the sulcal pattern is however, still preserved and is visible):
Sagittal section:














Coronal section:













Color Doppler coronal section image:













Coronal section brain (all images of same neonate):













Visit: http://www.ultrasound-images.com/pediatric.htm#Cerebral_edema_in_neonate
for more on this topic.

3 comments:

  1. The visit was useful. Content was really very informative. From www.rightshopping.in/g/it.asp?C=Home%20Appliances-India&cid=7

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very fine blog. I got meaningful information from this. Keep it up.
    Cosmetic Surgery Cost

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    ReplyDelete