Ultrasound and color Doppler report template/ format of atrophic left kidney
RT.-- 8.4 x 4.0 cms ;
LT.-- 4.9 x 3.2 cms ;
Left kidney appears normal. No pelvicalyceal dilation is seen.
Rt. Kidney appears small and atrophic with very poor vascularity.
3 to 4 small caluli of 2 to 5 mm. are seen in right kidney.
Renal parenchymal thickness: Lt.- 1.9 cms Rt.—1.0 cms
Perirenal spaces are normal.
2) COLOR DOPPLER IMAGING:
A) Renal parenchymal flow:
Rt: very poor vasularity seen in whole of right kidney.
B) Segmental arterial flow:
1) Any damping of spectral tracing: marked dampening of flow seen in right kidney.
2) RI (normal is < 0.7): Lt: 0.7
C) Renal arterial flow:
1) RI (RESISTANCE INDEX) –renal arteries
Rt: Rt. renal artery is not visualized clearly.
2) PEAK SYSTOLIC VELOCITY (PSV) (renal artery): (NORMAL = 74-127 cms./sec).
LT: 38 to 40
RT: not visualized.
3) Width= Lt. renal artery-- 0.6 cms. (near hilum).
Right renal artery-- ??. (near hilum)
4) RAR (RENAL ART PSV/AORTIC PSV. Normal RAR is <3.3):
5) Spectral waveform pattern of renal arteries:
6) Any evidence of AV fistulae or malformation:
Any trabeculation: no evidence of trabeculation seen.
Calculus: no calculus is present
Diverticulum: no diverticulum is seen.
Liver shows mild fatty change.
Pancreas, gall bladder and spleen appear normal.
COLOR DOPPLER scan suggests –
- Left kidney/ left renal artery appear normal. No pelvicalyceal dilation is seen.
- Rt. Kidney appears small and atrophic with very poor vascularity.
- 3 to 4 small caluli of 2 to 5 mm. are seen in right kidney.
- Very poor vasularity seen in whole of right kidney.
- Marked dampening of flow seen in right kidney
- Rt. renal artery is not visualized clearly.
SUGGEST: clinical correlation and follow up.
CT or MR angiography of the renal arteries should be done to confirm these findings.